Game discussion
christian

[PC] Divinity: Original Sin II

Post by christian »

http://divinityoriginalsin2.com
DivinityOriginalSin2.jpg
DivinityOriginalSin2.jpg (3.16 MiB) Viewed 1820 times
http://www.lar.net/2015/08/12/returning-to-kickstarter/
Swen Vincke wrote: Divinity: Original Sin wouldn’t be the game it was without the input from our Kickstarter backers & Steam Early Access players. There were a lot of them and they pushed us forwards in directions we hadn’t anticipated when we started development. To this day, our entire team is incredibly grateful for this. Our community was a critical factor for the success of the game. Without having that same community on board, I think it’s going to be very hard for us to achieve the goals we have with Divinity: Original Sin 2, and so we’ll do our very best to convince them to back us once again. The result at the end will be so much better if they do.

I’m hopeful that our players will find Divinity: Original Sin 2 a worthy cause to back though; it really goes beyond what’s been done so far in turn-based RPGs and it’s going to be a lot of fun to play. Actually, it already is and we’ll be showing a prototype at Pax Prime where people will be able to get a taste of it.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 builds further on the foundations we’ve been laying with Divinity: Original Sin (D: OS), and Divinity: Original Sin – Enhanced Edition (D: OS EE). For us, this allows for an unprecedented focus on the gameplay. We won’t be “losing time” building the elementary systems that typically take up more than 60% of our development time. Instead, we can start building the world immediately and try out all kinds of things.

That also means we have much more room for fine-tuning. If we can convince our players to help us, then that should allow us to make a real diamond. When we made D: OS, we did a lot of experimentation with systems, constantly improving them and offering them to our players for feedback. I believe it was a shining example of the power of early access, which both provides a developer with feedback as well as the funding to integrate that feedback. It was also the best development process I’d ever seen.
Swen Vincke wrote: I’m hopeful though — there’s a small scene in D:OS 2, right at the beginning of the demo that we’ll be showing to press and players at Pax Prime. It’s a small detail, but every time I see it, my heart starts beating faster because of the enormous implications it has for the entire game. It was when I saw this that I felt sure about taking it to Kickstarter. I think other RPG players will recognize what it means for the game and their hearts will start beating faster also.
My heart's beating faster already.
christian

Re: Divinity: Original Sin II

Post by christian »

Kickstarter - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/la ... inal-sin-2
Larian wrote: competitive questing
I backed this.
christian

Re: Divinity: Original Sin II

Post by christian »

christian

Re: [PC] Divinity: Original Sin II

Post by christian »

christian

Re: [PC] Divinity: Original Sin II

Post by christian »

Patch notes v3.0.168.526 - http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791 ... 1387608397
larian_octaaf wrote: Hi everyone,

We've just released a new patch, and it's a big one!

How big? Well, patch 3.0.168.526 is bursting at the seams with over 500 changes and improvements, including massive modifications to skill balancing, on-demand teleportation to waypoints on the map, a new screenshot-friendly mode, and fixes for several achievements.

So check out the patch notes, check out the game, and let us know what you think!