Christian Reconstruction

Videogame culture discussion
christian

Christian Reconstruction

Post by christian »

http://www.pocketcollege.com/beta/index ... _-_RR167A2
R. J. Rushdoony wrote: If Jesus Christ is indeed what He declares Himself to be when He says, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh unto the Father but by Me.” Then if we deny that He is the truth, or that His enscriptured Word is the governing Word over every sphere; over education, politics, economics, the sciences, the arts or anything else then we deny His Lordship and His absolute jurisdiction as the truth about all things and over all things. In every sphere, as the Westminster Standards declare, “Truth is in order to goodness”; which means that no good can come out of anything man does unless it begins with the truth, Jesus Christ. This must be the central premise for all Christian education, from the pulpit, in the family, the school and everywhere. “Truth is in order to goodness.” An attempt by man and nations to obtain the good life apart from the truth, Jesus Christ, leads only to judgment and darkness. There is an interesting sentence in English history which I encountered recently in studying a work on the ‘Title-Deeds of the Church of England to her Parochial Establishment’. It is with respect to the insistence that all Church of England properties are not church owned but state owned. Now, whether we agree with that or not is not my present concern, but the legal premise that was laid down generations ago was this. ‘The state may resume what the state originally gave.’ ‘The state may resume what the state originally gave.’ A sound legal premise if it is indeed the state that gave these things. But, we must apply this same premise to all things. God may resume what God originally gave. God requires us as His dominion men to reclaim all things for Christ and if we do not He will reclaim all things and us by His judgments. We have thus a mandate to reclaim all things for our Lord. Proclamation is not negation, it is construction action. We must not forget that Calvin strongly opposed iconoclasm, violence and street demonstrations. He regarded as wrong the attacks on the saints and the Virgin Mary. The common people had no such authority or moral right, he held. We have the same problem today. Many seem to believe that the measure of their faith is determined by the vehemence of their denunciations, demonstrations and negations. No man becomes virtuous by denouncing prostitution and fornication but only by his moral behavior. I had someone write to me; in fact it was someone from England, insisting that my credentials as truly Reformed could not be established until I denounced a series of things beginning with the pope and a series of groups and people. And my response to him as to others was, “I have never converted someone by spitting in their face."