christian

[PC] [VAR] Batman: A Telltale Games Series

Post by christian »

BATMAN_LOGO.jpg
BATMAN_LOGO.jpg (72.82 KiB) Viewed 837 times
christian

Re: [PC] [VAR] Batman: A Telltale Games Series

Post by christian »

Could be decent. But I must admit that it's a little disappointing to see them continue to announce new games like this while the best game they ever made remains without a sequel. The IPs they're dealing with are so big now, I have to wonder if they'll ever go back to anything smaller like Borderlands again.
christian

Post by christian »

Telltale games are now so boring, they're barely even worth writing about anymore. After playing the first episode, yeah, it's not as good as The Walking Dead, but at least it's not as bad as Minecraft. There are so many high quality Batman stories (and now even games!) that this series, mediocre on all fronts, serves as nothing more than a test case for their improved engine. To be fair, it is an improvement, and there are plenty of action scenes that demonstrate this, but it still doesn't feel like enough.
christian

Post by christian »

There's also what seems to be an auto button-press meter now (at least that's what I think it is. Some stupid meter that fills up with every successful QTE to unleash some kind of super move. What's next? Health bars?). And the detective mechanics are a joke. They're so bad, I nearly shelved the game as soon as I hit the first detective scene. The second one is even worse.