http://www.danganronpa.com/2
Sayonarazetsubougakuen.jpg
Sayonarazetsubougakuen.jpg (445.28 KiB) Viewed 877 times
christian

Re: [PSP] [VITA] Super Danganronpa 2: Sayonara Zetsubou Gaku

Post by christian »

From the OST:

Miss Monomi's Practice Lesson - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRvqqYDmGeg

Bravo to the composer, Masafumi Takada. This piece perfectly captures the tone of the Danganronpa games.
christian

Post by christian »

I like that there are now phrases in the Nonstop Debate that you can consent with. You're not just looking for contradictions anymore, but also ways in which to strengthen another person's argument. I also like how the story keeps you guessing about its relation to the original game. It's a really interesting premise for a sequel, and it reminds me of the similar setup in Metal Gear Solid 2. And even though you might start off thinking that this new cast can't compare with the original's, they'll inevitably start to work their charm on you in much the same way.

Some of the mini-games have gotten a little crazy though, and I'm not sure I can recommend playing it on the "Mean" action difficulty. Thankfully they've made it so you can switch difficulties prior to any trial, just in case you selected "Mean" at the start and decided later on that it was a mistake.

But I do like the Logic Dive action game. This is where you ride a surfboard through your psyche, jumping over gaps and avoiding obstacles, and then being presented with a question and different branching routes for each answer. It requires you to think fast about the answer while making sure you select the correct path without wiping out. It's my favorite part of the trials, apart from the Nonstop Debate.

There's also a new mini-game that involves cutting down a person's remarks until you wear them down, and they reveal a weak point in their speech. It's not a bad idea, but the limited number of cuts you can make, the need to cut nearly everything in order to make progress, and the unusual bonus damage you get for alternating directions every two cuts makes for a very frantic, yet irregular pace for this mini-game. You're cutting statements down pretty much as soon as they're said, and it's easy to become unfocused on the dialogue since you're concentration is being dedicated almost entirely to making the right cuts. It might be better if you tone down the action difficulty though.
christian

Post by christian »

Interesting that the theme this time around is resurrection and is set in a tropical paradise, which by one man, sin entered.