christian

[3DS] Monster Hunter 4

Post by christian »

Monster-Hunter-4-Ultimate_2014_06-05-14_010.jpg
Monster-Hunter-4-Ultimate_2014_06-05-14_010.jpg (7.35 MiB) Viewed 1739 times
christian

Re: [3DS] Monster Hunter 4

Post by christian »

Holding the unopened box for the MH4 edition of the New Nintendo 3DS XL in my hand, it's hard not to get carried away with the idea of selling games in the future as complete devices, containing everything needed to play them.
christian

Post by christian »

The 3D is breathtaking. For a moment, it's almost a good thing that this was made for the 3DS.
christian

Post by christian »

http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/681 ... r-4-review
A new feature in this game is the introduction of elevation to the environments. You can now jump off edges by simply running off them and then perform aerial attacks. This may not sound like a big deal but it greatly changes the game—so much so I don’t think they can ever not have this feature in future games. Where the past games were much more about memorizing the patterns of the enemies and playing the game of tells and timed hits, we now have a more action-focused approach we can add to the existing (deeply nuanced) battle system. The monsters have been revised to accommodate the new change of terrain and they will do all sorts of fun things to attack hunters who foolishly think they can jump on top of a tall platform and attack unharmed. I’ll never forget the first time I saw Braccydios charge up a cliff, pounding his fists with explosive rage, as he charged toward a fellow hunter who was up above.
christian

Post by christian »

Opening Cinematic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDwk6tC7BPU

Preferred viewing is, of course, in 3D on the New 3DS, but nonetheless, it's still a fantastic opening movie.
christian

Post by christian »

One of my favorite moments in the game so far. On a fishing quest with a friend. Peacefully fishing away for Goldenfish. We've been at this spot for a while, minding our own business. Catching what we needed to. Then suddenly, the ground rumbles. What was that? We turn around. And there's a Tetsucabra charging right at us! It had burrowed up out of the ground while we were fishing!

This episode brought me no small amount of amusement, especially since we weren't particularly well suited to hunting Tetsucabra at the moment. Now, previous games had comparable moments in them, but I was particularly delighted by this one. It was simply superb.