guitaherhorlive.jpg (229.32 KiB) Viewed 5933 times
Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev66m8Obosw
christian

Re: [PS4] [VAR] Guitar Hero Live

Post by christian »

christian

Post by christian »

GH TV can have some good stuff on there. I really enjoyed playing Sammy Hagar's I Can't Drive 55. Now that was a fun video to play along with.
christian

Post by christian »

Here's the opposite of that. Oceans Ate Alaska's Vultures and Sharks. Such a terrible video, and a real mess. Never mind the song itself. I can't stop laughing at this ridiculous wreck.
christian

Post by christian »

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... ing-legend
Keith Stuart wrote: “We used these big robot cameras called mo-con rigs,” explains Jackson. “We’d watched this documentary on how they made some of the scenes in The Hobbit – they built a life-size hobbit hole and then a child-sized one and they put them side by side on a sound stage; and they used these two robots cameras that make exactly the same movements – they’re based on the robot arms that build cars. These things filmed side by side, they had all the hobbits in one set and Ian Mckellen in the smaller one, so he’s all scrunched up; and then they shot simultaneously. The frame is exactly the same, so it looks like McKellen is in the room with these tiny hobbits. When we saw this, we knew it could work for us.”

So Guitar Hero Live uses the same principle: the band and crowd are filmed several times by a large robot camera rig fitted onto a track, each time expressing a different set of emotions – but because the camera shots are all identical, the game is able to switch between emotions on the fly. “The band had to rehearse carefully, making sure they knew the moves,” says Jackson. “The mo-con rig weighs a ton, so if it had hit anyone it would have done serious damage; they had to be perfect. We actually managed to film it without killing anyone.”
christian

Post by christian »

So why isn't this a 5-star game, but Gitaroo Man is? For some perspective, here's what I'd rate the other guitar games I've played.

Guitar Hero ★★
Guitar Hero II ★★
Guitar Hero III ★★
Rock Band ★

In order for a Guitar Hero game to earn a 5-star rating, it'd have to basically be a videogame version of the I Can't Drive 55 music video expanded into a full length adventure. Gitaroo Man actually does have such an adventure in it, and it's quite an endearing one at that. Concerts are great and all, but there are so many more interesting possibilities for a game like this. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock timidly attempted such a thing via its Quest Mode, but it was such a disappointment that it might as well have not been done.
christian

Post by christian »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... a-comeback
Martin Robinson wrote: Playing it is disorienting at first, though it soon clicks into place. What's important, though, is that it feels different enough to justify its existence: Guitar Hero Live isn't relying on nostalgia alone, and instead it feels like it's offering something that, with the guitar at least, is an improvement on what's gone before, even if it takes a small period of adjustment.

"I remember the green light meeting for it," says Jackson. "Eric [Hirshberg] and some of the executive team had the same response I had when we presented them the new controller layout. They were like, this is ridiculous, and I was like shut the f*** up and play it."
Martin Robinson wrote: "I had this panic attack whether this would be the right thing to do, will it be like shit 80s games," says Jackson. "But when we saw it it looked cool - it didn't look like shit 80s games. Things have changed - people want more realism, they want to believe the environment they're in more. you look at adverts - the Destiny adverts are amazing, it's real stuff. I'm not saying it because it's Destiny. It's f***ing cool. We want to be brought out of our world and be put somewhere else, whether that's racing driver, army soldier or rock god. I think, as developers we're always trying our best to deliver on that. All of a sudden we can do this, and not like it used to be done. I was really surprised the Need for Speed stuff - but pleasantly surprised. And I hope there's more of it. It looks good. It makes you believe, and it looks different."
christian

Post by christian »

I've been playing the game fairly regularly since December, and nearly every time I've played GH TV, I've been able to play new songs. That's quite incredible, and I think they really solved the DLC pick and choose explosion problem from previous music games. For a game like Rocksmith, in which the expectation for purchasing a song is to eventually master it on a real guitar, purchasing individual songs makes sense. But for a Guitar Hero game? You buy it, then play it once and wish that maybe you hadn't. And you can forget about buying any songs that you're not already 100% familiar with. That's one of the greater joys of GHTV -- discovery. It's fun listening to and playing music that you otherwise wouldn't.

I really hate it though when they throw songs that appear in GH Live onto GH TV. Can't stand playing those.
christian

Post by christian »

GHTV sunset - https://support.activision.com/articles ... HTV-Sunset
We want to thank you for being valued fans and let you know that as of December 1, 2018, the GHTV mode within Guitar Hero Live will no longer be available to play. On that date, we will terminate the service for GHTV and servers will be shut down. Console versions of the GH Live mode will continue to operate as usual.

As of June 1, 2018, iOS versions of the Guitar Hero Live game for mobile will no longer be available for download via the app store. However, if you currently own the app and have it installed on your device, you can continue to play the GH Live mode on your installed device. Please note: if you update your iOS software, the app may no longer be supported.

Additionally, on June 1, 2018, all GHTV in-game purchases will be turned off. Players can continue to use their Hero Cash and items on hand until the GHTV sunset date of December 1, 2018.

Thank you for playing GHTV, and head to GH Live mode on console to continue to play.